Hypnodontics is the use of Hypnosis in dentistry.
Hypnosis is a vital tool to assist patients undergoing Dental treatment and procedures in the following ways:
- Managing Fear/Phobia and Anxiety related to Dental procedures.
- Eliminating Bruxism or the unconscious clenching and grinding of teeth.
- Managing Needle Phobia.
- Managing Gag reflex.
- Xerostomia management.
- Managing post operative bleeding and swelling.
- Pain management or Hypno-analgesia.
- Symptom management in the following conditions:
- Burning Mouth syndrome.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia.
- Atypical Orofacial pain.
- Improving compliance with dental procedures and oral care.
- In cases of Recurrent oral ulcerations caused by stress , hypnosis can play a vital role in dealing with the stressors.
- Providing Hypno Anesthesia to patients keen to avoid usual anaesthetics.
- Providing support to Patients diagnosed with Oral cancer.